Take a Selfie Like a Super Model
The invention of the front-facing camera changed the picture taking game forever and introduced us to the ever-popular selfie: a self-portrait-like photograph that's taken by the subject featured. Regardless of your feeling about this type of photo, it's certainly not going to disappear from your Instagram feeds anytime soon, so it might be time to fully embrace it if you haven't yet. After all, it is the best way to show off your new haircut/makeup/earrings/necklaces, right?
Perfecting the art of the selfie, however, is no easy feat and may take several attempts until you get the best, most flattering shot possible. So to help you improve your selfie-taking skills, we decided to turn to the pros to analyse some of their best selfies, highlighting the photo tricks they used to get the best snap possible. That's right, how to take a selfie like a model, ahead. Get ready to rack up some serious Instagram likes.
The Boomerang Brow
I remember hearing of the “Boomerang Brow” and was interested in what it was. Here is Larlie Kloss steps to take a selfie with the boomerang brow.
Karlie Kloss: The Boomerang Brow
- Step one: Purse Lips
- Step two: Smile wryly, as if all that you behold is beneath you (because it is, sort of).
- Step three: Arch your brows into perfect, upside-down V's.
At the end of the day celebrities just really make taking a selfie look fun and experimenting over and over on your best side and look that you love to gain the attention you need.
Here are tips on how to take the perfect selfie:
- HAVE THE RIGHT LIGHTING - Find natural lighting like Doutzen Kroes or shoot in a well-lit room, you want the light in front of your face, not behind you.
- FAKE IT - If you can't find the perfect lighting, use lighten enhancing highlighter down the center of your nose, brow bone and apples of your cheek for a look as flawless as Jasmine Tookes.
- Pick a Side - We all have a favorite side, tilt your head to the right or left like Adriana Lima.
- Good Aim - Never angle up, do like Miranda Kerr and angle your phone down for the most flattering photo.
- Strike a Pose - Develop a signature pose, like Karlie Kloss, who always shows the camera some love.
- Have Fun With It - Selfies are not meant to be serious— have fun with it like pro-mugger Cara Delevingne who always has a new funny face for her fans.
- Use a Mirror - Taking a selfie in a mirror ensures your aim will be perfect, plus you can include more of yourself, like your chic outfit for the night a la Elsa Hosk.
- Look up toward the camera.
- Extend your head away from your neck. ...
- Instead of holding your phone in front of you, hold it to the side for a flawless angle. ...
- Relax your mouth, and exhale, blowing air through your lips.
Taking the perfect selfie is all about you, have fun trying different poses and show the world your beautiful side.
There is nothing like a picture that says:
I CAME, I SAW I CONQUERED